The Science of Total Recall of Your Dreams
Believe it or not you can learn to recall most all your Dreams.
With these simple techniques you can start remembering dreams within the first or second night of practice. It’s sort of like self hypnosis in a way. You are simply making suggestions to your mind before you are completely asleep.
This state of mind is called the borderline sleep level. It is when your brain is most likely to absorb the suggestions. They say that certain foods can cause bad dreams. Then again, sometimes when you eat food before bedtime that gives you indigestion, it might seem that it is causing you to have dreams. This is do to the fact that the indigestion is keeping you slightly awake. There is one other thing to consider. If you are having intense dreams and they are in color then more than likely you are having a OBE.
There are 4 easy steps to this.
1. Preparing for Bed: Try to get the body as relaxed as you can.
If you have to stretch or even do Yoga all the better.
You can even meditate to clear your mind, so that you are more prepared for the next step. You don’t have to eat or refrain from eating before bedtime. You may do as you like. Try experimenting with eating different foods before bedtime and see if you get any different results in the end. Make sure you have a pen and pad handy to write with next to the bed.
2. Programming : This is the most important part. When you get to that borderline sleep level (which is right before you are completely asleep) you must tell yourself over and over again that you will remember all your dreams and you will wake up after each dream and write down your experience. If you don’t like having to repeat all that then try tape recording yourself saying these things. Make sure that you tape at least 10 – 15 min. worth. That should be sufficient.
3. Taking Notes: This is also very important. If you successfully wake up after each dream, then you must write down everything you can remember in detail. Write down whether the dream was in color or black and white. This is why we will keep a pen and pad next the bed. Make sure not to put it in the bed with you. You don’t want to end up stabbing yourself in your sleep. Then you must try to go right back to sleep. Keeping the pen and pad handy. Hopefully you will go right into another dream and repeat the process.
4. Reviewing the Night: Now it is time to review the night. You will be amazed at how many dreams you actually had that night! I usually find that I have 10 – 15 dreams a night and sometimes more. Everyone dreams and everyone dreams many times a night, they just don’t know they do until they try something like this. Make special note of dreams that are in full-blown color, for you will want to reference them once you start studying Astral Projection.
Add the following:
One-quarter teaspoon of valerian root
One-quarter teaspoon of skullcap
One-quarter teaspoon of lady’s slipper
Add all the above to one cup of boiling water. (Never boil valerian root.)
Add some honey or sugar to sweeten the tea and allow it to cool before drinking.
Do not drink more than one cup per day.
Insomnia Herb Pillow
To cure insomnia, stuff a pillow with catnip, passion-flower, and hops just before bed time.
Lie down with the back of your head touching the pillow and recite the following chant three times aloud:
“Catnip, Passionflowers, Hopes in this pillow beneath my head,
Bring peaceful rest to me, an stop the restfulness that plagues my bed!”
Close your eyes and think of something pleasant. Soon you will sleep and dream.
LAVENDER SLEEP PILLOW
3 parts lavender
Use One Part of the following:
Lemon verbena leaves
a few drops lavender essential oil
Mix thoroughly and stuff into muslin bags to make pillows.
PEACEFUL SLEEP TEA
Bring equal parts of chamomile flowers, lemon rind and mint leaves to boil in water for 3-5 minutes (depending on the strength).
Drink one cup before bedtime. It works wonders!
Combine together in a bowl:
1 cup mugwort
1/2 cup rose petals
1/2 cup German chamomile
1/2 cup of sweet hops
1/3 cup lavender buds
1/3 cup catnip crushed
1/4 cup peppermint
Mix the ingredients together make cloth bags from a 5×12 inch piece of material fill cloth bags with your mixture sew the top of the bag shut and sweet dreams!
Sleep Spell Oil
To Induce Sleep You will need:
1/2 oz carrier oil
12 drops bergamot
3 drops lavender
3 drops cypress
In 1/2 oz of carrier oil (I used apricot kernel, sweet almond would also be good),
mix 12 drops of bergamot, 3 drops lavender and 3 drops cypress.
To increase the benefits of your sleep, apply a few drops behind your ears, spreading the excess out over your jawline. Do this immediately before bed.
This is a good oil blend for people who have trouble falling asleep at night,
or for people who sleep restlessly.
Here are some other things you can do give your dreams a boost of energy:
1. Keep a moonstone or amethyst by your bed.
2. Make use of a dream catcher.
3. Record your dreams daily in your journal
4. Keep track of what you eat for dinner the night before and which herb was prevalent in the meal.
5. Take a magickal dream bath before retiring for the night. Passion flower or lavender scents work very well for this purpose.
6. Avoid taking medicine before bed.
4 drops spearmint extract
Almond base oil
3 Marigold petals
A few moonstone chips
Crush together equal amounts of rosemary and bay leaves. Add four drops of spearmint extract and blend into an almond base oil. Add three marigold petals and a few moonstone chips. Allow the oil to settle for thirty days in a dark place before use. Anoint pulse points or pillow. This oil promotes dreaming and helps you remember your dreams
Blessing Your Dream Journal
Consecrate your dream journal in the Elements. Inscribe inside it any personal symbols you wish and also this short incantation:
“I will that this book serve to harmonize my spirit and mind.
May my spirit flow freely through the pages.
I shall discover myself here.
I will find my balance and healing.
I will experience joy and laughter.
May love and light surround me.
Blessed are the journeys.
Blessed is this book.
Blessed am I
By babbling brook,
By flame and soil,
By breath and soul,
The dreams I have
Are remembered whole.
So Mote It Be!”
You may anoint the journal with rosemary oil.
You must be logged in to post a comment.