Dressing a candle
Candles have been used for many years in rituals, to set an atmosphere and help to focus on a desired result of a the ritual. Here are steps to to take when dressing a candle for a ritual or for requesting a desired result. When working with candles, you will see that no two candles are alike, they each have their own character. (drip, flame, sound )
* Choose the candle to be used : type and color ( green for money, black/ white for cleansing).
* Cleanse the candle from prior energies. Here are some suggestions for cleansing:
A: Holy water
B: Sea salt
C: Pure soap
D: Baby oil
* Bless / Consecrate your oil to be used.
* State and engrave (if desired) what the candle is to represent (money, love, job, taking away unwanted habits, etc.)
* Anoint the candle with the oil you have chosen (it is important to focus on your desire when doing this).
A: — To achieve : start on the top to the middle in a downward motion(stop) then go the bottom to the middle in an upward motion(stop).
B: — To banish : start in the middle to top (stop) then go from the middle to the bottom (stop). Do not use a back and forth motion, it defeats the purpose.
* Bless / Consecrate the candle. Your candle is now ready to use. Light your candle with an incense of your desire or deity. Do not use matches, a lighter or incense should be used. honestly I know not why, just that the sulfur is the problem. But every book I have read states this, and I have read many.)
Meditate as long as possible (many don’t have a lot of time past 15min.) on your desired outcome while your candle is burning. Let the candle burn till the end.
If and when you need to extinguish your candle, snuff it out or swipe your hand enough to let the air blow it out. Do not blow or pinch it out. As blowing it out blows your desires away from you and pinching it out also pinches out your desires.
You must be logged in to post a comment.