Drawing Down the Sun
Choose the time of day that is best for your purpose. Clear conditions are ideal though of course you cannot look directly at the Sun at any time. Eventually you will be able to visualize the orb. Though Sunday is the special day of the Sun, you can choose any day that feels right.
Decide on the kind of Sun energy you want to focus on for this particular ceremony, a loving Sun Mother to bring joy, abundance and a sense of well-being, and aesthetic Sun God for spiritual and mental clarity and focused creativity or a warrior to empower you and give you the courage of purpose. You don’t have to pick a God or Goddess from a particular culture but can picture you own or use the Sun itself as your focus of light, life and health bringing powers. You can adapt your chant accordingly or use one that refers to these attributes.
1. Occasionally, just draw down the Sun or recite your chant as a way of giving thanks for life or to send the Sun to those who need it spiritually or in actuality.
2. Find your Sun place where at particular times of the year the Sun casts radiating beams or dancing rays. You may have to wait for just the right conditions for your first Sun encounter.
3. Mediterranean and oceanic tropical sunrises can be spectacular and can be appreciated while on vacation. A few minutes of solitary sunset connection can be a very deep healing experience.
4. It may help to hold a clear crystal or rainbow quartz (any with fractures inside will reflect rainbows).
5. Set on the ground, on a rock or on your outdoor altar a dish of any gold jewelry, golden crystals, gold-colored coins, flowers and fruit to be empowered by the Sun.
6. Next to it place a glass bowl of sparkling mineral water Afterwards the water will be charged with the power of the Sun and you can use it in baths or to splash on pulse points.
7. Raise your arms high and wide, palms uppermost and set your feet quite widely apart.
8. Speak your words aloud, unless there are too many people around.
9. Then wait until you feel the light beginning to enter you.
10. Now move your arms so they are extended horizontally either side of your body with your palms still upward to absorb the light. At this point breathe in the golden light through your nose, slowly and gently, and exhale the darkness through your mouth.
11. As you continue breathing, visualize the light spreading to every part of your body from your toes right to the tips of your fingers and the crown of you head.
12. Allow the light to extend now beyond your body, forming a shield of golden rays all around you and above you so that you are enclosed in a shimmering sphere.
13. Gradually move your arms and hands so they cross at about waist height. Repeat this in succession and in the rhythm that is right for you, raising, extending and enfolding yourself with light as if you were splashing it over yourself.
14. When you feel that you are completely filled with the radiance, cease to breathe in gold deliberately. Stand with your arms still raised, close together in front of your body with elbows bent.
15. Say slowly and with confidence three times:
“I am filled with the light of the Sun. I am pure light.”
16. Allow the energies to flow between your body, the pool of light and the golden sphere.
17. Kneel or reach down and splash a few drops of the newly made Sun water on your hairline, brow, throat and wrist, saying:
“The Sun enters my spirit, enriches my mind, transforms my words and warms my heart. Blessings Be.”
18. Listen and you may hear a message from the Sun Mother of Father.
19. If you face opposition or spite, shake your fingers and see golden sparks emanate from your fingertips like miniature Sun rays.
20. Extend your arms in a circle over your head so you create a psychic protective force field of sparks all around you that will gently repel any malice.
21. Make a sign, perhaps touching the place between and just above your eyes that is your third eye. Or you may prefer to touch your heart or make a circle in the palm of you hand.
22. As you do so, say:
“When I touch my brow/heart, I will invoke the Power of the Sun with me.”
23. Look upwards and picture the Sun Mother or Father or a whirling, spinning solar disc and gradually allow the radiance and the Goddess to fade, knowing that you can recall the Sun into your life any time you are in need, just by making your psychic sign.
24. Spend the rest of the day or at least part of it in the Sunshine and the next day do something amazingly brave to make the most of your new power.