From Wikipedia’s newest articles:
- … that the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission is named for the only Holocaust survivor (pictured) ever to serve in the United States Congress?
- … that 19th-century shipwright Thomas Morton invented the widely used patent slip because he couldn’t afford a dry dock?
- … that the first settlers of Tell Halula brought fully domesticated forms of wheat, barley and flax from somewhere else, circa 7750 BC?
- … that father and son Augustyn and Roman Träger were Polish intelligence agents who provided the Allies with crucial information about German testing of the V-1 and V-2 rockets during World War II?
- … that Parks and Recreation star Amy Poehler wrote the script for the episode “The Fight“, the filming for which she called “the most fun I’ve ever had”?
- … that Tom Sullivan is only the second head coach in UMBC Retrievers men’s basketball history to amass 100 career wins?
- … that “unruly” diplomat Henry Labouchère was the first person to publish Truth in Britain?