Skip to content
Home Remedies That Really Work
- If you are choking on an ice cube, don’t panic! Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto! The blockage will be almost instantly removed.
- Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
- Avoid arguments about lifting or lowering the toilet seat by simply using the sink.
- For high blood pressure sufferers: Just cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins.
- A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
- If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, and then you will be afraid to cough.
- Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget about the toothache.
- You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.
Note: When applying these home remedies, remember to be really nice to your family and friends. You never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan.
The Truth About Cats
- There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.
- Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
- Cats are smarter than dogs. You can’t get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.
- In a cat’s eye, all things belong to cats.
- As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.
- “One cat just leads to another.” — Ernest Hemingway
- Dogs come when they’re called; cats take a message and get back to you later.
- Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
- People who hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life.
- Cats aren’t clean, they’re covered with cat spit.
- A dog will jump on your lap because he likes you; a cat will jump on your lap because it’s warmer than the floor.