Who Is Your Guide?
by Cait Johnson
Each one of us has powerful inner guides to help us find our way along the path of our life-journey. These guides bring gifts for us and offer very specific help. When we connect with the guide we need in the moment, our journey becomes smoother, we feel supported, and we can make swift soul-progress.
Is your present guide a powerful Shaman King, spirit-centered Priestess Queen, questing Knight, or youthful Child? Find out with this quiz:
Make note of the numbers of the following statements that are TRUE for you.
1. I need to make wise plans for my future and set better boundaries and limits.
2. I would like to feel more safe and secure.
3. I feel out of connection and as if I’m living superficially–but I know there’s more to my life than this.
4. I am hungry for nurturing, passion, deep feeling, and/or inspiration.
5. I feel as if I have lost something important that would improve the quality of my life.
6. I need to feel more galvanized to go after what I need.
7. I need more playtime in my life: everything feels like a chore.
8. Old, painful memories and feelings have started to surface in my life and I am sick of repeating my old patterns.
9. I feel completely unsure of where I am at the moment, sort of lost in the fog–as if I know nothing at all.
If you answered TRUE to 1 or 2, the Shaman King is the guide who will help you now. Look to this grounded, wise, powerful part of your Self to help you feel stable, safe, and able to plan and protect yourself. Collect images of mature and stable power to keep with you. Give your Shaman King a name. Imagine being filled with his strength and certainty.
If you answered TRUE to 3 or 4, the Priestess Queen is your guide. This part of you can help you to feel more deeply connected to All That Is, deeply nourished and alive to the wonder of living. Find pictures of this archetypal helper to keep where you will see them and feel supported. Give your Priestess Queen a name. Visualize her walking beside you, sharing her qualities of spirit-filled grace and dignity with you.
If you answered TRUE to 5 or 6, the Knight can help you to find what you seek. This questing part of the Self is a great helper when you know there’s something you need. Visualize a bold companion who knows every step of the journey that leads to what you most deeply desire. Give this companion a name. Imagine him or her beside you as you venture into unfamiliar territory.
If you answered TRUE to 7 or 8, the Child will help you to reconnect with your playful inner child-self, who knew exactly what she loved to do. She can show you what you need to do in order to heal from old wounding and create healthier new patterns for yourself. Collect old photos of yourself and imagine asking that child-self for her input.
If you answered TRUE to 9, your guide is the Mystery. Difficult though it may be, you need to trust that you are not meant to know–AND that it is alright not to know right now. Eventually, things will become clearer. Right now, see if you can enjoy being in the place of not-knowing.