Today’s Tarot Card for Everyone:
This Tarot Deck: Cagliostro
The challenge of what has traditionally been known as the Hermit card is to be able to recognize a teacher in a humble disguise. This font of mysterious knowledge will not make it easy for the student to acquire his wisdom, as it takes time and long contemplation to fathom what he knows. He often speaks wordlessly, or in ancient and barbaric tongues, communicating with the elements, animals and Nature herself.
While the hourglass was an identifying feature on the earliest Hermit cards, more modern ones have shifted the metaphor, showing more or less light released from his lantern. In either case, the Hermit card reminds us of the value of time away from the hubbub of civic life, to relax the ego in communion with Nature
Zen Thoughts … for those who take life too seriously
- I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.
- A day without sunshine is like…, night.
- On the other hand, you have different fingers.
- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
- 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
- 99% of Lawyers give the rest a bad name.
- I feel like I’m diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
- Honk if you love peace and quiet.
- Remember, half the people you know are below average.
- He who laughs last thinks slowest.
- Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
- I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
- Support bacteria. They’re the only culture some people have.
- Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7 of your life.
- A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
- Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
- Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
- Always try to be modest, and be proud of it!
- If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
- OK,….. so what’s the speed of dark?
- How do you tell when you’re out of invisible ink?
- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
- When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don’t have film.
- If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
- Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
- What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
And your final Zen thought for the day….. Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?