The Law Of Accountability
- The Basics Of Karma
- Simply put, karma is the result of an act or deed, either in the present, recent past or in past lives. Many people for some reason, think there is only ‘bad’ karma. But think about it, if you owe karma to someone, then someone is in a position to receive a karmic repayment. So there is both positive and negative aspects of karma.
- Karma however is not the same thing as what has become known as the law of return, or the 3fold law. In actuality, these are not laws of “return”, but rather accountability. To further confuse the issue, not all traditions of Witchcraft follow the 3fold law, or a law of return. Some adhere to a 9fold or even a 10fold law.
- The best way to think of this is:
- Karma is the result of an action. 3fold, 9fold, 10fold is the action and your accountability to it.
- If you still need more information, you might want to review or Metaphysical posting on Karma.
- What Is The Law Of Accountability?
- The Law of Accountability is also known as the Law of Attraction (what we put out we get back, what we express we receive). How we think each morning starts the process of creation. Thought is energy that we put into motion on the ethereal plane. It moves around us, through us and walks the path we walk until it manifests in physical form. Once in physical form, the event created by our thought will generate a reaction from us. Again, creating a thought that creates a pattern of energy that we put into motion. It’s a cycle of energy that we establish around ourselves each moment of our lives. In other words, this is the Law of Accountability in action. What you put out, you get back. That law is not just for spells or rituals. It’s for how you live your life and conduct yourself through out your life.
- A belief that any energy put out into the divine universe will return to the sender three times. Ancient beliefs state the senders mind, body and spirit, (thus the threefold concept) is accountable for all actions. In actuality, this isn’t really a law of return as much as it is a law of accountability. You are responsible for all your actions not just the results of those actions. So theoretically you are accountable at the time the action is created.
- The 9-Fold law (also called the 3x3x3 law | where x=by) concept is the same, however, the return is a little different. In these traditions, the essence of the mind holds within itself the energy of mind, body and spirit. The essence of the body holds within itself the energy of it’s own mind body and spirit. And so for the essence of the spirit.
- To better understand this, equating the essences with your “parts” might help. When an action occurs, the accountability resides in the:
- Mind – the emotions
- Body – the physical brains
- Spirit – the subconscious or higher consciousness
- Mind – the life lines, your nervous system/blood system
- Body – the physical body
- Spirit – the chakra centers
- Mind – the seat of spiritual consciousness/memories
- Body – the physical energy body
- Spirit – the soul
- The 10fold law is exactly the same as 9fold; you just add one for the Divine. The 10fold theory suggests not only are you responsible based within your own mind, body and spirit, but also to the Divine, or your place within it.