What is your Witch Potential?
Reincarnation is a basic tenet of Witchcraft. Those of us fortunate enough to belong to the Craft believe that successive lives are enjoyed under the same zodiac sign. But unlike other ideologies Witchcraft imposes no demands for increasing excellence – only that each life be lived to its fullest capabilities.
Most of us, despite centuries of indoctrination by the mechanized society, still have ties to the earth…some innate Witchcraft potential that can be developed.
Read the following questions and see how you react to them:
1. Have you always been intrigued by the occult?
2. Do you prefer night to day?
3. Does a storm stir in you an inexplicable sense of excitement?
4. Are you a sensualist?
5. Have you always felt different from most of those around you, set apart?
6. Do you instinctively respond to animals?
7. Are you comfortable alone?
8. Are you relatively indifferent to material possessions?
9. Have you had fleeting glimpses of former lives?
Should you find you can answer most of these questions in the affirmativeyour with potential is probably high and should be encouraged.
There is no church to join, no tribute to pay and no hierarchy to employ.
You, and you alone, must concentrate on the development of your own other-consciousness. Go to nature and observe. Attune your inner-mechanism to the quiet pace of the seasons and the procession of the constellations across the sky. Go alone, or with that person closest to you. Watch the moon rise, walk in the forests. Feel the earth, drink the water, breathe the air…then light the sacred candles and begin the life you were meant to live.
(* The Witches’ Almanac Spring 1995 – Spring 1996 pg. 94)