Skip to content
In the news
- The International Olympic Committee announces that Pyeongchang, South Korea, will host the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Otto von Habsburg (pictured), former Crown Prince of Austria-Hungary, dies at the age of 98.
- In the Thai general election, the Pheu Thai Party, led by Yingluck Shinawatra, wins a landslide majority.
- In tennis, Petra Kvitova wins the women’s singles and Novak Djokovic wins the men’s singles at the Wimbledon Championships.
- Treasure worth at least 25 billion rupees (€385 million) is found at the Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Kerala, India.